This is an open Call for Submissions from artists all over the USA for an exhibit in our gallery – over 25,000 square feet of a Civil War-era warehouse on the Red Hook waterfront. With its trendy restaurants, bars, boutiques and billion-dollar view of the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor, it’s an exciting place to visit and EXHIBIT. The enormous space of the gallery affords us the opportunity to exhibit large work, and we welcome it.
FEES: $25 Submission Fee
$75 Participation Fee for selected installations
Theme: “SPATIAL RELATIONS”
Installation art is created and installed on the exhibition site, often incorporating materials or physical features on the site.
Installation art is usually a three-dimensional work that is site specific and that transforms the perception of a space.
• It can be a Video Installation combining video technology with installation art and can include monitors and/or projectors, as well as live performance.
• It can be a Sound Installation (related to sound art and sound sculpture) and can include interactive art technology (computers, sensors, mechanical and kinetic devices), speakers, musical instruments or parts, as well as live performance.
• It can be Performance Art scripted or unscripted, random or carefully orchestrated; spontaneous or carefully planned with or without audience participation. The performance can be live or via media, the performer can be present or absent, but should involve four basic elements: Time, Space, The Performers Body or presence in a medium, and a relationship between the performer and the audience.
• It can be Interactive Art A form of art that involves the spectator/audience in a way that allows the art to achieve its purpose or define it purpose/message and can include monitors, computers, sensors, video, mechanical and kinetic devices.
Maximum Height – 108 inches
Special Note on the construction of our exhibition space: Gallery Aisles have two rows of Beams/Columns spaced 16 Feet apart and the columns are on 10 foot centers in the row.
RESTRICTED ITEMS: Food, Explosives, Excessive Sound Level, and Any other dangerous Items.
NOTE: Any and all elements and materials required for your installation – including: computers, monitors, projectors, sensors, mechanical and kinetic devices, speakers, musical instruments must be supplied by the installation artist. All installations must be installed and removed by the artist (with or without your own installation crew).
Proposals must be received by Friday, July 26, 2019
Submit your Installation Proposal via e-mail or on CD, DVD and please include all details, plans, schematics, comps, models, etc. for review. Please include time requirement for constructing and completing your installation on site.
• Please submit via e-mail to: email@example.com
• Please submit via mail to:
Installation Art BWAC C/O Fritz (Steven) Weiss 7730 Amboy Road
Staten Island, New York 10307
Notification: Will be made via e-mail by Friday, August 16, 2019
Installations can be constructed on site:
BWAC Fall Show
Grand Installations – “Spatial Relations” Exhibition Door 7A, at the Pier gate
481 Van Brunt Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231
Sunday September 8, 2019 through Thursday September 19, 2019 by appointment
Take Down at end of exhibit on:
Saturday 11/2 from 12-5 PM, Sunday 11/3 and Sunday from 12-5 PM,
and Thursday 11/7 from 12-8PM
Exhibition Opens – Saturday September 21, 2019
Opening Reception – Saturday September 21, 2019 from 1-6 P.M.
Gallery Hours – Open Saturdays & Sundays 1-6 P.M. Exhibition Closes – Sunday October 27, 2019