Art On Loan Program
The Center for Appellate Litigation is a 40-lawyer not-for-profit law firm that represents indigent clients in criminal appeals and post-conviction proceedings in the Appellate Division, First Department, and in Bronx and Manhattan Supreme Court. BWAC has been displaying members’ artwork in their offices at 120 Wall Street, 28th Fl, New YorkNY10005 since 2015 on a yearly rotating basis.
Call For Submissions: This call is for all 2D & 3D art mediums that hang on walls. They are looking for work that represents the urban landscape that are bold, gritty, imaginative, and creatively outside the box.
- Send all submittals via Dropbox, You Send, or e-mail only to email@example.com
- You may submit up to 30 images. .
- You must be a Current Paid BWAC Member in good standing.
- Please remember that selected work will be on exhibit for at least 1year.
- All images must be JPEG files – 72 DPI with longest dimension not to exceed 1600 Pixels, no file should exceed 2MB.
- All files must be named as follows:
Last Name – First Initial – Title – Medium
- Submission Deadline: Sunday January 20, 2019
- Submittal for final selection to CFAL:Thursday 1/28/19
- Final Selection to BWAC:Monday February 4, 2019
- Notification to Artists: Tuesday February 5, 2019
- Accepted work received at BWAC:
Friday February 22, 2019 – between 11AM and 4PM
Saturday February 23, 2019 – between 11AM and 4PM
Sunday February 24, 2019 – Between 11AM and 4PM
- Transport of old work from CFAL to BWAC: Friday 3/1/19
- Transport of new work from BWAC to CFAL:Friday 3/1/19
- Pick-up old work at BWAC: Sunday March 3, 2019 between 11AM-4PM
Monday March 4, 2019 between 11AM-4PM
- Installation at CFAL:
Saturday March 2, 2019 and Sunday March 3, 2019
- Show Opens: Monday March 4, 2019
- Opening Reception:
Wednesday March 20, 2019 or Wednesday March 27, 2019, From 6-9PM
- Show Closes: June 2018.
If you have any questions contact:
Fritz (Steven) Weiss
The NYC DOT has many opportunities for artists. See their website for additional calls for art & artists.
Bounce by Brittany Baldwin. Presented with New York Cares. Queens Boulevard between Woodhaven Boulevard and 59th Avenue, Queens.
DOT Art collaborates with New York Cares to beautify concrete barriers with bold, colorful murals that are designed by professional artists but painted almost entirely by volunteers. Barriers located along protected bike lanes or active sidewalks become canvases for art. DOT Art provides selected artists with a design honorarium of $2,500 and a materials fee of $500 for stencil production. DOT Art and NY Cares provide paint and associated materials at no cost to the artist. NY Cares coordinates volunteer recruitment and secures volunteers to implement the mural on a single day in fall and spring. Murals remain installed for 11 months.
Submission Deadline: Spring 2019