The Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition (BWAC) is excited to announce our fourth annual really Affordable Art $how, a national juried show opening October 6, 2018.
Our Juror is Brinda Kumar, Assistant Curator in Modern and Contemporary Art, Metropolitan Museum of Art. She worked on Nasreen Mohamedi (2016), one of the inaugural exhibitions at The Met Breuer, was part of the team working on the exhibition Unfinished: Thoughts Left Visible (2016), and is a co-curator of the exhibition Like Life: Sculpture, Color, and the Body (2018). She completed her BFA at the College of Art, New Delhi; MA at the School of Arts and Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi; and received her PhD from Cornell University.
“NYC has the most art collectors in the world.”
- Larry’s List
This is a selling show with art priced for anyone and everyone.
$2050 in Cash Awards and Purchase Prizes
All prize selections will be made by Brinda Kumar at the gallery and announced at the Opening Reception at 3:00 PM on October 6, 2018.
- BEST of SHOW GOLD: $1000 Purchase Prize: The work selected as ‘Best of Show’ will be purchased by BWAC for$1000 and added to Brinda Kumar’s personal collection.
- BEST of SHOW SILVER: $250
- CERTIFICATES of RECOGNITION: $800 – $100 each for eight winners.
Call to Artists for Submissions
- SubmissionDeadline:The EarlyBird deadlineis June 14and FinalApplicationDeadline isJuly 12, 2018
- GalleryExhibitionDates: October 6–October28,2018; weekends 1‐6P.M.
- OpeningReceptionandAwardsCeremony: Saturday, October 6, 2018from1‐6P.M.